This post is brought to you by Bimba.
An OEM required rotary motion to open and close a hopper door. The existing vane style rotary actuators used in the application were inadequate for a number of reasons. Vane rotary actuators often leak significantly, have short seal life that requires frequent preventative maintenance, and have a reduced torque output at the beginning of its rotation.
Bimba developed a rotary actuator called the Vane-Buster™. This special design uses a lead screw and non-rotating piston rod assembly to rotate a keyed shaft for the customer to use. This new and unique solution uses the tried and true design features of a linear actuator and packs them into a compact package equal to that of a vane rotary actuator.
- Long, reliable seal life requiring minimal maintenance.
- No seal leakage like in traditional vane style rotary actuators.
- No lost torque at start up.
- Industry leading torque output values from 20 to 500 in-lbs, compared to 105 in-lbs from similar vane style rotary actuators.
- Available from 0-1080° rotation with minimal backlash.
- Interchangeable with Brand S Vane Actuators.
- Operating a Ball Valve
- Diverting - Gate Valves