We were excited to hear the recent news that Universal Robots unveiled its new e-Series. We immediately ordered one to demo and it arrives in our offices in July. It will be a bit like Christmas morning as we unpack the box and gather the team to test this new cobot (collaborative robot).
Universal Robots has a history of solid design and quality. We expect nothing less with the e-Series and look forward to offering it to our customers. Why will the new e-Series be a smart investment? Among its numerous benefits are:
- Quick activation and deployment: under an hour to unpack, mount, and program a cobot’s first task.
- Flexibility to change its nature of work over time as production line needs change.
- A redesigned control panel for an easy user interface (for the humans that need to program and control it).
- Single phase A/C source compatibility (connect to any regular power outlet).
- 17 safety features like collision detection are built in.
- Space saving by design: compact and flexible.
- All joints are field replaceable within 2-6 minutes.