Companies that make the decision to bring collaborative robots and an end-of-arm tool like OnRobot's RG2FT Gripper will no doubt appreciate the strength of this new partner on their factory floor or warehouse. Technology like the RG2FT can change the trajectory of a company. We recommend this gripper often as it performs high quality, precise work and, as a result, saves companies a great deal of money over time.
end of arm tools,
As cobots (and particularly Universal Robots' cobots) continue to earn accolades and build their track record in serving a myriad of industries, it is natural for automation technology companies to create products specifically compatible with them. Such is the case with Dorner's newest integration, which works beautifully with our other Partner, Universal Robots. With more cobots spotted on the factory floor and in packaging environments these days, it makes perfect sense for Dorner to offer conveyors that will collaborate well with cobots.
When we seek Partners, we have some qualifiers. They must:
- Solve an automation or manufacturing challenge
- Offer solid, sturdy technical equipment
- Have excellent customer service and offer warranties
- Be user friendly and quick to install
With Robotiq, we were impressed in all these areas.
Most recently, we've appreciated their efforts on the customer education front. In these videos, Robotiq shares how to get started with their Gripper. It's well worth a few minutes to watch these, especially if you're considering acquiring one. These will show you how easy it can be to set the gripper up, then program it to your specifications.
We were excited to hear the recent news that Universal Robots unveiled its new e-Series. We immediately ordered one to demo and it arrives in our offices in July. It will be a bit like Christmas morning as we unpack the box and gather the team to test this new cobot (collaborative robot).
Universal Robots has a history of solid design and quality. We expect nothing less with the e-Series and look forward to offering it to our customers. Why will the new e-Series be a smart investment? Among its numerous benefits are:
- Quick activation and deployment: under an hour to unpack, mount, and program a cobot’s first task.
- Flexibility to change its nature of work over time as production line needs change.
- A redesigned control panel for an easy user interface (for the humans that need to program and control it).
- Single phase A/C source compatibility (connect to any regular power outlet).
- 17 safety features like collision detection are built in.
- Space saving by design: compact and flexible.
- All joints are field replaceable within 2-6 minutes.
This post is brought to you by Intelligent Actuator
System Overview of a potential automation application.
1. Explanation of Process Cardboard boxes containing CDs travel on a conveyor. There are five different types of cardboard boxes, and each type contains different CDs. Boxes are sorted by type and transferred onto five product conveyors.
2. Explanation of Operation
- A cardboard box moves on the transfer conveyor and passes the product identification unit. The unit reads the bar code on the cardboard box and identifies the type of CDs packed in it.
- As the cardboard box arrives in front of the applicable conveyor, it is pushed by the sorting air cylinder onto the conveyor.
This post is brought to you by OptoForce.
BRINGING AUTOMATION CLOSER
Automation is a hot topic nowadays and innovation is the driver of progress in industrial automation. The OptoForce company, based in Europe works to bring force control to the masses in industrial automation, by producing multi-axial force/torque sensors with a revolutionary, optical technology. OptoForce equips industrial robots with a sense of touch so that more tasks can be automated in a time saving way. A well-equipped, automated production line is crucial to shift to Industry 4.0. OptoForce can help in this process, with only keeping the following 4 steps in mind.
The Knotts Company is pleased to announce their new partnership with Trio Motion Technology. Effective July 2017, The Knotts Company will be a distributor for all of their products.
The Knotts Company,
The Knotts Co,
Trio Manufacturing Technology,
motion control technology
Custom Bimba Solution - This post is brought to you by Bimba Solution Shop. Contact us if you would like Bimba to look closer at your application.
Many companies run multiple sizes of products on one conveyor line. To accomplish this, someone must walk the entire length of the line and manually adjust the guide rails to accommodate the different sized packages. This is often done between shifts, due to the amount of time it takes, which depends on the length of the conveyor. Companies with long conveyor lines are looking for an automated solution that reduces changeover time and costs.